Answer: Take a look at our opening hours for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
We can imagine you will still have some questions before booking, so take a look at our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions. If this does not answer your question, feel free to contact us. Our team will be happy to help you!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the reception's opening hours?
2. What should I do if the reception is closed when I arrive?
Answer: If you are bringing a tent, you may pitch it on the tent field next to the reception. Go to our reception on the following day. If you are arriving with a camper van or a caravan, we are sorry to disappoint you. You are more than welcome to come back the following day.
3. At what time can I check in and at what time should I check out?
Answer: During low season, check-in is available from 9.00am. In high season, check-in is available from 12.00 noon. During the entire season, you can check-out until 12.00 noon. It is possible to stay a bit longer, but in that case, you will be charged an additional € 2.00 per party for each hour after 12.00 noon.
4. Are there any reservation costs?
Answer: Booking through our website is free of charge.
5. Is it necessary to book in advance?
Answer: During pre-season and post-season, booking is not necessary. During high season, our caravan, camper van and tent pitches are very popular, so please book your pitch on time!
Answer: You can always cancel your booking free of charge. Of course, we would really appreciate it if you inform us about your cancellation as soon as possible. Also please note that booked pitches may be released after 6.00 pm on the day of arrival.
7. Does the campsite offer free Wi-Fi?
8. Is there any cost involved for using the showers?
Answer: Yes, a shower token costs € 0.80 for 5 minutes of showering.
9. Is it possible to book a single night?
Answer: Yes, but only during low season.
10. Is there any public transport available at night?
Answer: Yes, the campsite is accessible by public transport 24/7. Night bus no. 755 will take you to and from Central Station and Gaasper Camping Amsterdam.
11. Can I pitch a party tent?
12. Does the campsite offer a central TV antenna?
13. What is the maximum size for tents?
Answer: The maximum size for tents is for 6 persons.
14. Do the tent pitches offer an electricity connection?
Answer: No, there is no electricity available for tent pitches. For a small fee, you can charge your phones and batteries at the reception.
15. Can I park my car right next to my tent?
Answer: No, you can park your car along the edge of the tent field.
16. Are we allowed to BBQ?
Answer: Yes, BBQ's are allowed as long as the BBQ has support legs and is at a minimum height of 25 cm above the ground.
17. Are we allowed to bring our dog?
Answer: For a small surcharge, dogs are welcome at Gaasper Camping Amsterdam. Dogs should always be kept on a leash during their stay and should be walked outside the campsite grounds.
18. How many amperes can I use?
Answer: 10 Amperes (CCE connection).
19. Does the campsite offer a locker and/or baggage room?
Answer: There is no locker or baggage room at the campsite. Would you like to keep your belongings in a safe place on your day of departure so that you can visit the city one more time before leaving? Just rent a luggage safe at one of the major train stations, such as Amsterdam Central Station.
20. Can I rent tents and camping gear at the campsite?
Answer: We offer camping gear, such as mats, air mattresses and sleeping bags in our camping store. We do not offer these for rent.
21. Am I allowed to sleep in a hammock or under a tarp?
Answer: No, this is not allowed.
22. What is the maximum period of stay at the campsite?
Answer: The maximum allowed period of stay is 21 days per year.
23. What information do I need to book a camper van or caravan pitch?
Answer: Please indicate the dimensions of your camper van or caravan and whether you will require electricity. The campsite offers camper van spaces with and without electricity.
24. Can I rent a bike at the campsite?
Answer: Yes, you can rent a bike at the campsite. We also offer great cycling routes.
25. Does the campsite offer a kitchen?
Answer: No, we do not have a central kitchen. However, you are more than welcome to try one of the many dishes in our restaurant or to buy your food in the supermarket.