Take a look at our opening hours for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
We can imagine you will still have some questions before booking, so take a look at our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions. If this does not answer your question, feel free to contact us. Our team will be happy to help you!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the reception's opening hours?
2. What should I do if I arrive when the reception is closed?
If you come with a tent, you can only check in within reception hours. Unfortunately, it is no longer possible to get a tent pitch outside reception hours.
If you come with a camper or caravan (no double axles), you can register yourself outside reception hours via our self-service 'check-in / check-out kiosk' until 22:30. Guests with tents cannot register here. The payment goes through a payment terminal (only pin or credit card payments).
3. When can I check in and when do I have to check out?
During the low season you can check in from 11:00 am, in the high season periods from 12:00 pm. Check-out is at 12:00 throughout the season. Of course, it is also possible to stay a little longer, but after 12:00 pm € 2,50 will be charged per team for each hour.
4. Are there any reservation costs?
Booking through our website is free of charge.
5. Is it necessary to book in advance?
In the early and late season, it is not necessary to make a reservation, but especially during National Holidays and in high season our camper and caravan spots are very popular. Reserve your spot in time!
You can always cancel your booking free of charge. Of course, we would really appreciate it if you inform us about your cancellation as soon as possible. Also please note that booked pitches may be released after 6.00 pm on the day of arrival.
7. Does the campsite offer free Wi-Fi?
8. Is there any cost involved for using the showers?
Yes, a shower token costs € 0.80 for 5 minutes of showering.
9. Is it possible to book a single night?
No, you can't, but of course you are very welcome.
10. Is there any public transport available at night?
Yes, the campsite is accessible by public transport 24 hours a day. Night bus N85 runs to and from Central Station and Gaasper Camping Amsterdam.
11. Can I pitch a party tent?
12. Does the campsite offer a central TV antenna?
13. What is the maximum size for tents?
The maximum size of a tent is 4 * 4 meters and a maximum of 4 persons per tent
14. Do the tent pitches offer an electricity connection?
No, there is no electricity available for tent pitches. For a small fee, you can charge your phones and batteries at the reception.
15. Can I park my car right next to my tent?
No, you can park your car along the edge of the tent field.
16. Can I reserve and pitch my tent on a motorhome or caravan site?
No, that is not possible.
17. Are we allowed to BBQ?
Yes, BBQ's are allowed as long as the BBQ has support legs and is at a minimum height of 25 cm above the ground.
18. Are we allowed to bring our dog?
Dogs are welcome at Gaasper Camping Amsterdam if you are staying in a camper/caravan. Not if you are staying in a tent. For dogs we charge a small surcharge. Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times during their stay and walked outside the campsite grounds.
19. How many amperes can I use?
10 Amperes (CCE connection).
20. Does the campsite offer a locker and/or baggage room?
There is no locker or baggage room at the campsite. Would you like to keep your belongings in a safe place on your day of departure so that you can visit the city one more time before leaving? Just rent a luggage safe at one of the major train stations, such as Amsterdam Central Station.
21. Can I rent tents and camping gear at the campsite?
We offer camping gear, such as mats, air mattresses and sleeping bags in our camping store. We do not offer these for rent.
22. Am I allowed to sleep in a hammock or under a tarp?
No, this is not allowed.
23. What is the maximum period of stay at the campsite?
The maximum allowed period of stay is 21 days per year.
24. What information do I need to book a camper van or caravan pitch?
Please indicate the dimensions of your camper van or caravan and whether you will require electricity. The campsite offers camper van spaces with and without electricity.
25. Can I rent a bike at the campsite?
Yes, you can rent a bike at the campsite. We also offer great cycling routes.
26. Does the campsite offer a kitchen?
No, we do not have a central kitchen. However, you are more than welcome to try one of the many dishes in our restaurant or to buy your food in the supermarket.